As a Principal investigator and a collaborator I have obtained the following research grants from the university, the industry and government agencies:
- The optimization of parameters in tool and die and machinability studies, Ministry of Science and Technology, Singapore, RDAS Project No. C/81/18, 1982-86, $1,042,000.
- Stability analysis of machine tools, National University of Singapore, RP No. 840034, 1984-1990, $226,750.
- Stability analysis of lathes, Makino Asia Pte Ltd, 1985-1987, received a donation of a lathe worth $30,000.
- Integrated machinability data base system, National University of Singapore, RP No. 860603, 1986-1991, $176,450.
- A study on the machining parameters of Inconel 718, Sumitomo Electric Co. 1992-1994, $10,000.
- Tool conditions monitoring, National University of Singapore, RP No. 860603, 1994-1998, $311,900.
- Investigation for manufacturing culture-related specification of Asian-oriented machine tools, International Scientific Research Program, Ministry of Education, Japan, 1997-1999, Yen 28,000,000.
- Design, development and fabrication of a miniature machine tool for micro machining, National University of Singapore, 2000 -, RP No. R265-000-041-112, $215,000.
- Diamond turning of electroless nickel-plated molding dies, National Science and Technology Board, Singapore, 2001 -, RP WBS No. 265-000-076-112/303/592, $1,400,000.
- Development of an advanced, integrated and intelligent ELID grinding system for micro fabrication, 2003 – 2005, R265-000-076-138-112, $250,000.
- Design, development and fabrication of an ultra-precision machine for nano machining, 2003 – 2006, R265-000-076-156-112, $89,500.
- Development of hybrid CMP-ELID grinding system for nano surface generation on silicon, 2003 – 2007, $396,350
- Design, development and fabrication of an ultra-precision Machine for nano machining, 2005 – 2008, $124,000
- High Speed machining of Titanium alloys, Hitachi Japan, 2006 – 2007, $14,000
- Development of an on-machine measuring device, Mitutoyo, Japan, 2005 – 2008, $36,000.
- Joint-lab on Large Format Machining, SIMTech Singapore, 2014 – 2019, $1,250,000.
- Large Format Machining, A*Star, Singapore, 2015 – 2018, S2,730,000